Providing access to research is in keeping with the Council's consideration of teachers as enquiry-oriented, life-long learners (Policy on the Continuum of Teacher Education 2011). The Code of Professional Conduct (2016) further highlights how teachers should “inform their professional judgement and practice by engaging with, and reflecting on … learning theory [and] pedagogy" (p.7).
The EBSCO facility will allow registered teachers to stay in touch with current research in education and pedagogy, thereby informing and enhancing their practice as educators.
It provides registered teachers with access to:
- Full text for over 1,700 journals
- Indexing and abstracts for thousands of journals
- Full text for more than 550 books and monographs
- Full text for numerous education-related conference papers
- Citations for over 4 million articles, including book reviews
- Access to the Council's collection of eBooks.
Teachers are invited to share ideas and engage in the ongoing conversation about research via the Council's #molfeasa hashtag.