Not Newly Qualified (qualifications awarded in Ireland)
In order to be entered onto the Register of Teachers on the basis of qualifications in post-primary teaching, applicants must comply with the requirements listed below - as set out in Regulation Four of The Teaching Council [Registration] Regulations 2009 they must meet:
1. Qualification Requirements
- Hold an Honours Bachelor Degree (NFQ Level 8) or equivalent which is deemed by the Teaching Council to be suitable for the purposes of teaching at least one curricular subject at post-primary level (subject criteria outlined at options A and B below).
- Hold a Teaching Council approved initial teacher education qualification directed towards first to sixth years (typically students in the 12 to 18 year age range).
- Hold a Teaching Council approved concurrent degree qualification in post-primary initial teacher education which combines the study of one or more curricular subjects (subject criteria outlined at options A and B below) with teacher education studies directed towards first to sixth years (typically students in the 12 to 18 year age range).
Option A: If you are making an application for registration now or intend to apply on or before 31 December 2016 click here.
Option B: If you are currently undertaking studies and/or intend to apply for registration on or after 1 January 2017 click here.
2. Evidence of Character Requirements
- All applicants must meet the evidence of character requirements as set out here.