Building on the popularity of the previous Research Bursary Schemes, the Teaching Council announced a Research Support Framework (RSF) on 11 March 2017. The framework has been designed to support teachers' ongoing professional learning through their engagement in and with research. As more RSF recipients submit their final research summaries and they undergo our independent review process, this page will be updated. Over time, it will become a valuable research resource for practising teachers and others with an interest in teaching, learning and assessment.
If, having read a research summary, you are interested in finding out more, contact details have been provided for all of the researchers.
1. Developing a Collaborative Interdisciplinary Learning Community to Build the Capacity of Teachers on Evidence-informed Handwriting Teaching (Read final report) Michelle Bergin, with Annette Hardiman
2. Evidence-based Teaching Portfolios: A Valuable Tool for Reflective Practice in Teaching and Learning (Read final report) Miriam Hamilton
3. The Impact of Teaching Group Work Skills on Student Motivation, the Quality of Interactions, and Student Learning in One-hour Collaborative Learning Classes in Junior Cycle English (Read final report) Edmond Behan
4. The Impact of a Positive Behaviour Support Intervention "Check-in/ Check-out" on Challenging Behaviour in an Irish Mainstream Primary School (Read final report) Niamh Hayes
5. Teaching Strategies for use with Children who are Deafblind within the Classroom (Read final report) Karen Coleman, with Deirdre Leech and Catherine McDonald
6. A Critical Investigation and Analysis of the Effectiveness of Co-Operative Teaching, in Building a Collaborative Culture amongst Teachers (Read final report) Niamh O'Shea
7. An Exploratory Case Study of Aspects of the Leaving Certificate Computer Science Draft Specification (Read final report) Helen O'Kelly, with Michelle O'Kelly, Sinead O'Sullivan and Dermot Walsh
8. The Successful Translation of Neuropsychological Assessment into Everyday Classroom Environments (Read final report) Michelle Downes, with Aisling O'Sullivan
9. Developing, Sustaining and Promoting NEARI as a Collaborative Research Network for Educational Practitioners (Read final report) Dr Máirín Glenn, with Dr Caitríona McDonagh, Dr Mary Roche and Dr Bernie Sullivan
10. Droichead: The Currents Beneath, An examination of the impact Droichead has on School Culture and Staff Relations in Schools with Teaching Principals (Read final report) Barbara Mulvihill
11. Irish Research Network in Childhood Bilingualism and Multilingualism (Read final report) Dr Francesca La Morgio, with Lorraine Connaughton Crean, Simon Rouse and Duana Quigley