On Wednesday, 25 April 2018, Kinsale Community School hosted this panel discussion in front of a live audience.
The panel members were;
- Dr John O'Halloran, Vice President and Registrar of UCC.
- Dr Helen Hynes, Secretary of the Kinsale Community School Parents Association.
- Ellen Kelleher, Head Girl, Kinsale Community School.
- Tony Leahy, newly qualified teacher, Kinsale Community School.
- Jean Gaffney, NIPT facilitator and Deputy Principal, Kinsale Community School.
The event explored the role of schools in supporting learning across the continuum of teacher education. The panel examined the role of school culture and school infrastructure in supporting such learning. Infrastructure, in this context, included the physical design of school buildings, the way in which time is structured, and the roles that are established within the school to support the development of cultures of professional collaboration.