What you need to do
Completing the vetting invitation form. Please see a step by step video guide to applying for vetting below.
To start the vetting process, you will need to:
Completing the online vetting application form
After the Teaching Council receives your signed invitation form and identification documents by post (step 1), you will:
- receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau with a direct link to the online vetting application form and
- have 30 days to complete and submit the online vetting application
- be required to enter full postcodes (6 characters) for each Northern Ireland address at which you resided.
Applies to applicants for registration only who have lived overseas
If you have lived outside of Ireland or Northern Ireland for a cumulative period of three years (36 months) or more after the age of 18 you will need to:
- provide a certified copy of police clearance for each country in which you have resided.
Information about overseas police clearance certificates
Receiving the vetting disclosure (result)
- receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau stating that your vetting disclosure has been issued to the Teaching Council
- receive an email from the Teaching Council containing a link to your vetting disclosure once it has been processed and
- be required to log in or create an account with Digitary* to view your disclosure.
*Digitary is the Teaching Council's online solution that teachers will use to receive their vetting disclosure. Digitary FAQs can be viewed here
Sharing your vetting disclosure with an employer
- You will be able to share your disclosure with employers or potential employers online using Digitary
- Log in to your Digitary account and follow the instructions for sharing your disclosure.