On 21 October at 16.30, the Teaching Council and the Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) hosted a live webinar to mark Public Service Innovation Week. This webinar showcased how the education sector has adapted in response to Covid-19. The panel discussion explored how the sector is innovating as schools and wider society seek to embed sustainable ways of working and living over the medium term.
Topics in the webinar included what we all can learn from responding to a sudden public health emergency; how good ideas form, are discovered and shared; what can education and other sectors in the public service learn from each other.
The panel for the webinar consisted of:
- Phil Fox, Deputy Director of the Teaching Council
- Tomás Ó Ruairc, Director of the Teaching Council
- Siobhán Healy, Head of Initial Teacher Education and Induction in the Teaching Council
- Ciara O'Donnell, National Director of the Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST)
- Anthony Kilcoyne, Deputy Director for Digital Technologies in the PDST
A copy of the PowerPoint used during the webinar can be viewed here.