1. Complete Stage 1 of the vetting application as part of your online application for registration.
2. You must upload proof of identification documents.
3. If you have lived outside of Ireland or Northern Ireland for a cumulative period of 12 months or more after the age of 18 you will need to:
-provide a photocopy of your police clearance for each country in which you have resided.
After the Teaching Council has checked your application and proof of ID documents and submitted your application to the National Vetting Bureau, you will:
- receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau with a direct link to the online vetting application form, and
- have 30 days to complete and submit the online vetting application
- include all your addresses from birth to present including all overseas addresses
- be required to enter full postcodes (6 characters) for each Northern Ireland address at which you resided.
Receiving the vetting disclosure (result)
You will then:
- receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau stating that your vetting disclosure has been issued to the Teaching Council
- receive an email from the Teaching Council containing a link to your vetting disclosure once it has been processed, and
- be required to log in or create an account with Digitary* to view your disclosure.
*Digitary is the Teaching Council's online solution that teachers will use to receive their vetting disclosure. Please see the FAQ page for more information on Digitary.
Sharing your vetting disclosure with an employer
- You will be able to share your disclosure with employers or potential employers online using Digitary.
- Log in to your Digitary account and follow the instructions for sharing your disclosure.