The following identification policy applies to all applications by teachers for vetting disclosures under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts, 2012 to 2016.
Two documents of identification, one item from Group A and one from Group B must be submitted with your online Vetting Invitation Form.
Proof of Identity
Current Driving Licence (preferred)
Current Passport (any nationality)
Irish Public Services Card
Proof of Address
(dated within the last 6 months)
Utility Bill - Gas/Electricity/Landline/Broadband
Mobile Phone, House, Car and Home insurance
bills are not accepted
Bank/Credit Card statement
College Registration Correspondence
Document received from a government agency containing address.
1. Group A – Proof of Identity – Your forename and surname should correspond with your proof of ID. In the case of a change of name, a copy of a Marriage Certificate, Divorce/Separation Decree or Deed Poll must accompany your submitted proof of ID.
2. Group B – Proof of Address – all documents must be dated within 6 months of receipt
by the Council.
3. Teaching Council correspondence cannot be accepted as third-party proof of address.
4. A current driver’s licence cannot be accepted as proof of address.
5. Please ensure that all details such as name, date of birth and addresses are clearly
visible on the copies submitted.
6. Your address must correspond with your submitted proof of address.