Obtaining Police Clearance

If you are applying for registration with the Teaching Council and have lived outside of Ireland or Northern Ireland for a cumulative period of three years (36 months) after the age of 18, you must provide a certified copy of police clearance for each country in which you have resided.

There are varying arrangements for obtaining police clearance, which differ from country to country. For example, you may need to be a citizen of the country or resident in the country at the time of making the request for police clearance.

The list of countries below is a guide only and you should always check the website, embassy or consulate office for further details and the most up-to-date information. This is not an exhaustive list and for countries not listed you should contact the embassy of the country in which you resided for assistance. Information about embassies can be found on the Department of Foreign Affairs website – www.dfa.ie.

You may also find the following website useful: http://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Wikiprocedure.

The Teaching Council is not responsible for the content of the links provided.