How do I make an AIE Request?
If you wish to submit a request under the European Communities (Access to Information on the Environment) Regulations 2007 to 2014 (AIE Regulations 2007-2014) pertaining to the Teaching Council, please submit it to the Teaching Council, Block A, Maynooth Business Campus, Maynooth, Co. Kildare, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essentials of a Valid Request
When making a request for information under the AIE Regulations 2007-2018, you are required to:
- state that the application is being made under the AIE Regulations 2007-2018;
- provide your contact details, including a daytime telephone number;
- state in terms that are as specific as possible, the environmental information required, and specify the form and manner of access desired;
- in accordance with the Regulations, a Public Authority may decide to charge a reasonable fee for supplying environmental information (see fees below);
- normally you will be notified of the decision on your request within 1 month of receipt.
What can I do if I am unhappy with a Decision on my Request?
If you consider that your original request for environmental information was refused wholly or partially, or was otherwise not properly dealt with in accordance with the provision of the AIE Regulations 2007-2018, you may, not later than one month following the receipt of the decision of the public authority concerned, request the public authority to carry out an Internal Review of the decision in part or in whole.
A request does not require payment of an upfront fee, however, a public authority may charge a reasonable fee to certain applications received, as provided for in S.I. 133 of 2007 and, S.I. No. 662 of 2011.