As a registered teacher, you are legally required to complete re-vetting every three years.
If your National Vetting Bureau (NVB) disclosure is three-years old, you will receive an email from the Teaching Council with a link to complete a re-vetting application process.
You must complete the re-vetting process when requested in order to renew your registration.
There are two ways to apply.
- To start the application process, use the My Registration link in the ‘Re-vetting Notice’ email you received.
- If you cannot access the ‘Re-vetting Notice’ email, log in to your My Registration account on the Teaching Council website and click into the Vetting icon on screen.
To access your My Registration account, you need your username and password.
- Your username is your email address.
- If you cannot remember your password, please visit our further information page on how to reset your password.
We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
To apply for re-vetting, you must:
- Use the ‘My Registration’ link in the ‘Re-vetting Notice’ email.
- Log in to your My Registration account on the Teaching Council website. Please have your username and password ready.
- Your username is your email address.
- If you cannot remember your password, click HERE for further information on how to reset your password.
- When you have successfully logged into your My Registration account:
- Click the VETTING icon on screen.
- Go to ‘Re-vetting for Teachers’section
- Click on the Start Re-vettingbutton
- Review your personal details section. Your details must be correct on the Register of Teachers so that all communications regarding your registration can be sent to you.
- Supply two supporting documents for re-vetting:
- Proof of identification (Group A)
- Proof of address dated within the last six months (Group B)
- Read the ‘Declaration’ section and tick a box, confirming that you have read and agree to this declaration.
Please see our Teaching Council id policy.
- When you submit your completed vetting application to the Teaching Council, you will receive a screen prompt as follows:
- “Thank you for submitting your re-vetting invitation. You will receive an email inviting you to start Stage 2 of the online process.
- Stage 2 includes submitting all your addresses since birth. If you have lived, taught, studied or have been employed abroad, even for a period of less than 12 months, you must list these addresses as part of the Stage 2 vetting application process.
- When Stage 2 is completed and reviewed by the Teaching Council, you can renew your registration”.
Yes, you can track and check the status of your Stage 1 vetting application on your My Registration account.
- Log in to your My Registration account.
- Click into the VETTING icon on screen.
- Refer to the ‘Current Vetting Application’ section.
- Here you can check the status of Stage 1 of your re-vetting application.
How do I upload the requested documents to the Teaching Council?
If you cannot access your online account, please email the Teaching Council at MyRegHelp@teachingcouncil.ie.
For Stage 2:
- You will receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau with a link to the online vetting application form.
- You will have 30 days to complete and submit the online vetting application to the National Vetting Bureau.
- You must include all your addresses from birth to the present day including all overseas addresses. If you have lived, taught, studied or have been employed abroad, even for a period of less than 12 months, you must list these addresses as part of the Stage 2 vetting application process.
- You will also be required to enter full postcodes (6 characters) for each Northern Ireland address where you lived (if applicable).
- When the National Vetting Bureau have processed your vetting application, you will:
- Receive an email from the National Vetting Bureau stating that your vetting disclosure has been issued to the Teaching Council.
- Receive an email from the Teaching Council containing a link to your vetting disclosure once it has been processed.
- Be required to log in or create an account with Digitary to view your disclosure.
Yes, you can track your Stage 2 vetting application with the National Vetting Bureau.
In the email you receive from the National Vetting Bureau (NVB) you will receive a tracking number. Use the tracking number to track the progress of your vetting application (in real time).
Digitary allows teachers to view and share their vetting disclosure (result document) electronically with current and prospective school employers.
For more information on Digitary please see our list of Digitary FAQs.