You may demonstrate the required level by providing one of the following:
- A copy of a qualification (teacher education or undergraduate) acquired and examined through the medium of English.
- A copy of an IELTS (International English Language Testing System) (Academic) certificate attesting knowledge in the English language with a score of 7.0 or above.
- Evidence of living and practicing in a professional capacity through the medium of English in a country that has English recognised as an official language for three out of the preceding five years.
- Evidence of living and undertaking a programme of learning through the medium of English in a country that has English recognised as an official language for three out of the preceding five years.
- A copy of a Cambridge C1 Advanced (formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)) with a minimum of Grade C.
The Teaching Council will reserve the right to independently verify the scores with IETLS/Cambridge and all components of the IELTS/Cambridge test must be attempted at the same sitting.
The test must have been undertaken no more than five years prior to the date of submission or you must provide evidence of having resided and worked/studied on a full time basis in an English speaking environment since having completed the evaluation.
The above evidence must be supplied with your registration application as registration cannot be finalised without this document.