Any person who meets the degree qualification requirements outlined therein is eligible for conditional registration for a period of three years, in which time a Council accredited teacher education qualification must be completed.
There are currently eleven accredited teacher education qualifications specific to the further education sector.
For further information, please see:
Higher Education Institutions
The following Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) provide programmes of initial teacher education for further education.
- Dublin City University (undergraduate only)
- Marino Institute of Education (postgraduate only)
- Mary Immaculate College (postgraduate only)
- Maynooth University (postgraduate only)
- National College of Art and Design (postgraduate only)
- National College of Ireland (postgraduate only)
- National University of Ireland, Galway (postgraduate only)
- South East Technological University
You can also find a full list of the accredited programmes below: