The next phase in the development of Cosán is a development process which will continue for a number of years in order to allow space and time for different approaches to be explored, trialled and adapted in different contexts. This phase will have five overarching aims:
- To explore the use of the standards in guiding teachers' learning
- To identify appropriate and sustainable mechanisms for recording and reflecting on teachers' learning
- To explore and identify mechanisms and criteria for the accreditation of teachers' learning
- To explore the development of an appropriate and sustainable link to registration
- To trial all aspects of the framework, with specific emphasis on exploring scalability issues, including the opportunities and challenges in moving from development to implementation.
This development process commenced in April 2016 and is currently ongoing. Schools and individuals who are interested in being involved in the development process are invited to complete this short survey so that we can get a better picture of the profile of those who wish to participate. We are also continuing to engage with those who completed the previous Cosán survey through a series of workshops and school visits.
The Teaching Council has developed a short video to outline key information on Cosán and the Development Process. Click below to view this video.
To find out more about the development process, please click here.