The next phase in the development of Cosán will be a development process which will allow space and time for different approaches to be explored, trialled and adapted in different contexts. This phase will have five overarching aims:
- To explore the use of the standards in guiding teachers' learning
- To identify appropriate and sustainable mechanisms for recording and reflecting on teachers' learning
- To explore and identify mechanisms and criteria for the accreditation of teachers' learning
- To explore the development of an appropriate and sustainable link to registration
- To trial all aspects of the framework, with specific emphasis on exploring scalability issues, including the opportunities and challenges in moving from development to implementation.
The development process began in April 2016 and will conclude in 2019 in advance of implementation in 2020. Schools and individuals who were interested in being involved in the development process were invited to complete a short survey so that we could get a better picture of the profile of those who wish to participate. We are now engaging with those who completed the survey through a series of workshops and school visits. The survey will open again in the coming academic year.
The Teaching Council has developed a short video to outline key information on Cosán and the Development Process. Click below to view this video.
To find out more about the development process, please click here.